Re: [xsl] is it possible xpath expression [A-Z]?

Subject: Re: [xsl] is it possible xpath expression [A-Z]?
From: Michael Müller-Hillebrand <mmh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 13:18:05 +0100

Am 27.11.2009 um 13:03 schrieb ivanmacculi@xxxxxxxxx:

> I must select this element with attribute:
>
> <mets:div LABEL="Canto XL">, tha value of attribute starts with roman number
I (one)and finished with L (fifty).
> what can i do to select all of these elements?

I assume your attribute value always starts with "Canto" and continues with a
roman number. Then you could use:

<xsl:template match="mets:div[@LABEL[matches(., '^Canto [IVXL]+$')]]"/>

This is of course not very precise, because it also matches "Canto VIVIX", but
I guess this is unlikely.

You should definitely read the chapter on regular expressions in a good XSLT
2.0 reference.

> thanks to everyone who wants to help me.

HTH,

- Michael M|ller-Hillebrand

Michael M|ller-Hillebrand: Dokumentations-Technologie
Adobe Certified Expert, FrameMaker
Lvsungen und Training, FrameScript, XML/XSL, Unicode
Blog: http://cap-studio.de/ - Tel. +49 (9131) 28747