Re: [xsl] Value of the variable

Subject: Re: [xsl] Value of the variable
From: Hermann Stamm-Wilbrandt <STAMMW@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 12:11:47 +0100

Florent,

> What if you have something like:
>    a, b, <i>c, d</i>
> or:
>    a, b, <i>c</i>d
> ?

that does not seem to be a problem since that may be solved
with your solution on a node basis (Joga's input was in a

$ cat inp1.xml
$ xpath "count(/p/node())" inp1.xml
2
$ xpath "/p/node()[1]" inp1.xml
a, b,
$ xpath "/p/node()[2]" inp1.xml
<i>c, d</i>
$
$ cat inp2.xml
$ xpath "count(/p/node())" inp2.xml
3
$ xpath "/p/node()[1]" inp2.xml
a, b,
$ xpath "/p/node()[2]" inp2.xml
<i>c</i>
$ xpath "/p/node()[3]" inp2.xml
$

Mit besten Gruessen / Best wishes,

Hermann Stamm-Wilbrandt
Developer, XML Compiler
WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Dirk Wittkopp
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Boeblingen

             Florent Georges
             <lists@xxxxxxxxxx
             rg>                                                        To
                                       xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
             11/26/2009 10:58                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [xsl] Value of the variable
             Please respond to
             xsl-list@xxxxxxxx
              lberrytech.com

Joga Singh Rawat wrote:

>     If I have "a, b, <i>c</i>,
> <b>d</i>" I want to get [...]
> ==>OK!!! The output should be

  So your input structure is driven by both the input's structure
and the input's string value format.  The answer thus depends on
how both relate to each other.  What if you have something like:

    a, b, <i>c, d</i>

or:

    a, b, <i>c</i>d

?

  For your initial sample and the first sample here above, you
should be able to use something like this (not tested!):

    <xsl:template match="node()" mode="my:tokenize" priority="10">
       <xsl:variable name="nodes" as="item()+">
          <xsl:next-match/>
       </xsl:variable>
       <xsl:for-each select="$nodes">
          <a>
             <xsl:sequence select="."/>
          </a>
       </xsl:for-each>
    </xsl:template>

    <xsl:template match="text()" mode="my:tokenize">
       <xsl:value-of select="tokenize(., '\s*,\s*')"/>
    </xsl:template>

    <xsl:template match="i|b" mode="my:tokenize">
       <xsl:for-each select="tokenize(., '\s*,\s*')">
          <xsl:copy>
             <xsl:value-of select="."/>
          </xsl:copy>
       </xsl:for-each>