Re: [xsl] same prefix, different namespaces (URIs)

Subject: Re: [xsl] same prefix, different namespaces (URIs)
From: "Heiko Niemann" <kontakt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 16:51:36 +0100

> 2009/11/18 Heiko Niemann <kontakt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I need/want to use the same prefix in the result document as in the
>> source
>> document, but those prefixes need to be mapped to different URIs.
>>
>> Sample for prefix 'nsn':
>>
>> source document
>>
>> <source xmlns="http://foo.org" xmlns:nsn="http://foo.org/1999">
>>  <nsn:data>hello</nsn:data>
>> </source>
>>

>> result document
>>
>> <source xmlns="http://foo.org" xmlns:nsn="http://foo.org/2009">
>>  <nsn:item>hello</nsn:item>
>> </source>
>>

>> Is it possible (as shown here) to map the nsn:data element to nsn:item
>> element?
>
> It doesn't really matter what prefix you use in the stylesheet for the
> input namespace, so below I use "nsn99" for that, which frees up "nsn"
> to be used in the output:
>
> <xsl:stylesheet version="2.0"
>   xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
>   xmlns="http://foo.org"
>   xmlns:nsn99="http://foo.org/1999"
>   xmlns:nsn="http://foo.org/2009"
>   exclude-result-prefixes="nsn99">
>
> <xsl:template match="@*|node()">
>     <xsl:copy copy-namespaces="no">
>         <xsl:apply-templates select="@*|node()"/>
>     </xsl:copy>
> </xsl:template>
>
> <xsl:template match="nsn99:data">
> 	<nsn:item>
> 		<xsl:apply-templates select="@*|node()"/>
> 	</nsn:item>
> </xsl:template>
>
> </xsl:stylesheet>

The source document would be exactly the way I posted it - out of my
control. E.g. it could be the result (simplified) of a web service which I
want to transform to an input for a different web service. That input
happens to use the same prefix with a different URI mapped to. So both
document formats are out of my control. So I wonder, whether I can
accomplish what I want in one step?

Heiko