Re: [xsl] SOAP extension compatible with AltovaXML

Subject: Re: [xsl] SOAP extension compatible with AltovaXML
From: Florent Georges <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 16:17:23 +0000 (GMT)

[[ it seems that one never found its way to the list, sorry
   if posted
twice... ]]

Fabre Lambeau wrote:

  Hi,

> Has anyone come across (or
implemented) a SOAP or http-send
> extension for XSLT 2.0 that would work with
the AltovaXML
> processor?

  None that I am aware of.  My first advice would
be to see if
you can switch to Saxon 9.

  If you cannot, the implementation
(in Java) of the EXPath HTTP
Client is (I think) quite properly decoupled
between what's Saxon
specific and the rest (if I remember well, the Apache
HTTP Client
stuff is not that well entirely isolated in its own layer.)

  For
what I've seen on the AltovaXML doc, it supports calling
Java methods, so if
you're really interested, you should be able
to replace the Saxon layer of
EXPath HTTP Client (mostly dealing
with parsing the http:request element and
serializing the
http:response element.)  They do not say how they pass XDM
nodes
to Java though (they only document how atomic types are mapped to
Java
types.)

  If you're interested, please join the EXPath mailing list
<http://www.expath.org/lists.html> to ask for more information.

Florent Georges
http://www.fgeorges.org/