Re: [xsl] Use of xsl:apply-templates exception with an element

Subject: Re: [xsl] Use of xsl:apply-templates exception with an element
From: ac <ac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 16:30:10 -0400

Hi David,

You are right, it was a typo, I meant

<xsl:copy-of select="*@[self::attribution]"/>

has in Ken's suggestion

The inconsistency may seem clearer now, I hope.

ac

but isn't strange that you can use
<xsl:copy-of select="*[@self::attribution]"/>
but not

that is a syntax error. I'm not siure what you would intended it to mean
so I'm not sure of teh correct syntax, perhaps <xsl:copy-of select="*[self::attribution]"/>
although that is the same as
<xsl:copy-of select="attribution"/>

<xsl:copy-of select="*[@self::{$name}]"/>

it woul dbe starnge of that worked, {} are never special synatex chaarcters in xpath. Theie only use in xpath is, like any character to be part of a string literal.

Isn't this inconsistent from the language?
what inconsistency do you see?

perhaps you are looking for the xpath 2 attrubute test

select="attribute($name)"

David