Re: [xsl] How did you learn XSL?

Subject: Re: [xsl] How did you learn XSL?
From: Mukul Gandhi <gandhi.mukul@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 22:00:48 +0530

Having been member of this list, since many years, I was kind of
motivated enough to capture my personal memories, and learnings on
this list, on a personal web page:
http://gandhimukul.tripod.com/xslt.htm.

This is not meant to be a XSLT tutorial. These are just my personal
memories, largely learnt on this list. This is a kind of my personal,
online XSLT diary :)

Perhaps, somebody might be interested to look at this page.

On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 8:22 PM, Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Liam,
>
> At 01:26 AM 9/4/2009, you wrote:
>>
>> ... I was interested in how people got
>> started, rather than everything that helped them on the way,
>> although that's an equally interesting question :-)
>
> Also keep in mind that there are increasing numbers of XSLT users who aren't
> on this list. I don't know whether or how that might skew results, but I do
> know that (for example) graduate programs are finally starting to teach it.
>
> People who start that way might not be on this list.
>
> Me: I was coding DSSSL, then I learned from Tony Graham, the XPath and XSLT
> Recs (drafts and final), and this list.
>
> Oh, and teaching it -- there's nothing like having to explain something to
> someone to help clarify the concepts. I recommend it. :-)
>
> Cheers,
> Wendell

Mukul Gandhi