Re: [xsl] How to strip off all ... tags

Subject: Re: [xsl] How to strip off all <xsd:annotation> ...</xsd.annotation> tags
From: Michael Ludwig <mlu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 18:08:00 +0200

Ben Stover schrieb:

However I would like to keep the xml:space="preserve" instruction
because it ensures that the output is on a minimum human readable
format.
Without this I have one very, very long line. This is unacceptable for
me.

No need to CC me in your reply.

Five things to understand with respect to whitespace:

(1) If you want the output to be nicely formatted, include:

<xsl:output indent="yes"/>

(2) If this is not nice enough because there is whitespace present in
your source and input documents, strip all that whitespace on parsing
so the indentation gets applied to a clean tree:

<xsl:strip-space elements="*"/>

(3) There is also <xsl:presever-space elements="pre"/>

(4) There is the xml:space attribute.

(5) Most importantly: For learning, get a good book on XSLT. Searching
this list for "good books" might find you something.

http://xsl.markmail.org/search/?q=good%20books

--
Michael Ludwig