Re: [xsl] How to prevent stripping of EOL/CR chars at the end of lines?

Subject: Re: [xsl] How to prevent stripping of EOL/CR chars at the end of lines?
From: Andrew Welch <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 10:28:29 +0100

2009/8/12 Ben Stover <bxstover@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> When I apply an xslt script onto an source XML file (under WinXP) then everything is fine except the fact
> that the result XML file is on one single, very, very long line.
>
> How to I prevent stripping of EOL/CR line end chars?
>
> The source file contains them, the XSLT script contains them. So the reuslt file
> should contains them as well.
>
> Moreover the prepended blanks/tabs at the beginning of a line should NOT stripped as well.
>
> So how can I achieve this all?

It highly likely that either your transform isn't copy them through to
the result, or they are being stripped by default.

As usual, put together a small complete sample that demonstrates the
problem and post it with the result you are getting and the result you
expect.

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com