Re: [xsl] Concatenating string values of a sequence

Subject: Re: [xsl] Concatenating string values of a sequence
From: Martin Honnen <Martin.Honnen@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 19:56:57 +0200

Christopher R. Maden wrote:

But Ibm stymied on this: I need to tokenize a string that may span
multiple text nodes or elements.  The tokenize() function wonbt take a
sequence of more than one as its first argument, and I canbt figure out
how to concatenate the values of the nodes in the set in situ (Ibve even
tried a FLWR expression!).

tokenize( current-group()[position() > 1], '\s*;\s*' )

is what I have right now.  Ibve tried wrapping the sequence in concat()
(which wants more than one argument), in string-join(), and a FLWR that
just resulted in a sequence of strings rather than a concatenation.

Does
tokenize( string-join(current-group()[position() > 1], ''), '\s*;\s*')
not do what you want? I have choosen the empty string as the separator for the join, you might want something different but other than that I think you want string-join.

--

	Martin Honnen
	http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/