Re: [xsl] Where is XSLT 2.0 support in PHP?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Where is XSLT 2.0 support in PHP?
From: bryan rasmussen <rasmussen.bryan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 22:19:04 +0200

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 4:55 AM, Alexander
Johannesen<alexander.johannesen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 11:54, Michael Ludwig<milu71@xxxxxx> wrote:
>> If you're really interested in this issue, you could ask on the LibXSLT
>> list, A while ago (several months, maybe a year) there was a discussion
>> on how LibXSLT could be updated to 2.0. I don't know what has become of
>> it so far.

> Now, if your PHP-foo is high, there's plenty of extensions to what's
> there in order to do most things you want, including regExp and
> for-each-group. It's not a purist approach, but very pragmatic and -
> quite possibly - the reason no one is pushing hard on native support
> for it right now. There's simply not enough people demanding it, and
> there's probably some good reason for it;

How far would you say the PHP with extensions stack can go to handle
the functionality of XSLT 2.0 - minus XSD integration? What things are
absolutely missing?

I suppose that even if the above is an easy task that doing something
like enforcing side-effects free usage of the extensions would be
basically impossible (especially given the aforementioned pragmatism
of php and that side-effects are allowed in extensions)

Best Regards,

Bryan Rasmussen