Re: [xsl] XSLT 2.1

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT 2.1
From: James Fuller <james.fuller.2007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 12:14:59 +0200

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 12:08 PM, Michael Kay<mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> No, sorry, it's still internal. We're hoping to be in a position to publish
> within a couple of months. The W3C procedures for the first working draft of
> a new spec are a bit more onerous than for subsequent drafts: though the
> real reason it's taking so long is simply that the WG, like most others, is
> short of resources. I'm spending far less of my time on it than I was during
> the same phase of 2.0 development.

I think the W3C should seriously consider free membership for
individuals ... charging enormous fees will always ensure that when
times get financially tough that they lose resouces immediately.

Also (the evil Jim) would argue that working on a v2.1 of a spec that
has very few v2.0 implementations is speculative and perhaps a waste
of time and resources.