Re: [xsl] Saxon output unused namespace declarations

Subject: Re: [xsl] Saxon output unused namespace declarations
From: COUTHURES Alain <alain.couthures@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 11:31:49 +0200

Michael Ludwig a icrit :
Yes, but the namespace is present in the instruction tree (the XSL
document), so it is copied to the output - who knows in what weird way
the (XML) output might need the namespaces to be present? Imagine the
output is something like:

  <Constraint type="xs:decimal"/>
  <Constraint>xs:decimal</Constraint>

The QName may not appear in markup, but it appears in element or
attribute content; so it is okay for the XML parser if there is no
namespace declaration - but it might not be okay for the application
processing that document.
Yes, I agree with you, it's very important to preserve namespaces, even if they're only used in values. It's causing me problems with other XSLT processors (embedded in PHP, FireFox,...) for my XForms implementation...

Best regards,

Alain Couthures
http://www.agencexml.com/xsltforms