[xsl] XSLT 1.0 and EXSLT node-set function on mobile devices -- Opera Mini

Subject: [xsl] XSLT 1.0 and EXSLT node-set function on mobile devices -- Opera Mini
From: Hermann Stamm-Wilbrandt <STAMMW@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 01:10:30 +0200

While writing post "[xsl] xsl-url -- passing xsl:variable's to imported
stylesheets in XSLT 1.0"
<a
href="http://www.biglist.com/lists/lists.mulberrytech.com/xsl-list/archives/2
00906/msg00070.html">
I was interested in cross browser XSLT processing.
At that time I thought that having it work on <i>Firefox</i> and
<i>Internet Explorer</i> might be enough from a (desktop/laptop) browser
market share point of view.

Last week my old cell phone died and I had to buy a new one.
Unfortunately the shipped browser hangs the cell phone on many Web pages my
old (WAP 2.0) browser displayed easily.

Last night I looked for a solution and found it in the "Opera Mini" Web
browser:
http://www.opera.com/mini/Opera Mini

Playing around with it I was really surprised to recognize that it even
supports XSLT 1.0 as well as the exslt:node-set() function, see the "screen
shots" I took here:
http://www.stamm-wilbrandt.de/en/xsl-list/Opera-Mini

This browser is for me the "cross browser" XSLT 1.0 extension of my new
mobile device.
(Interestingly the complete Web browser application (4.2.0) with XSLT 1.0
support is of size 126KB only!)

Mit besten Gr|_en / Best wishes,

Hermann Stamm-Wilbrandt
Developer, XML Compiler
WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschdftsf|hrung: Erich Baier
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Bvblingen