Re: [xsl] XSL - Documentation

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL - Documentation
From: Robert Koberg <rob@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 08:18:09 -0400

On May 13, 2009, at 8:09 AM, G. Ken Holman wrote:

At 2009-05-13 11:57 +0200, Michael Schdfer wrote:

  So I think that allowing the full set of DITA and DocBook
features for
  use in comments may introduce unnecessary complexity.

Interestingly I saw the choice of DITA and DocBook as introducing simplicity because in both cases I use off-the-shelf stylesheets (included in the package) that render these vocabularies to HTML. No need to write one's own documentation vocabulary and then stylesheets for that vocabulary.

And I have a number of customers' stylesheets documented with lists,
graphics, tables, program listings and other constructs that are all
sitting there ready to use in the off-the-shelf vocabularies.

But, with XHTML you could use the identity template.

best,
-Rob