Re: [xsl] XSLT in MSXML - removeParameter?

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT in MSXML - removeParameter?
From: Martin Honnen <Martin.Honnen@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 15:42:56 +0100

Scott Trenda wrote:

Now, this looked promising, until I tried it: myProc.addParameter("myParam", null);
This threw a "Type mismatch" error in IE. The same happened when I tried myProc.addParameter("myParam"), myProc.addParameter("myParam", undefined) and myProc.addParameter("myParam", null, ""). I tried myProc.addParameter("myParam"), but it threw a "Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment" error instead. If I try to remove the parameter with myProc.addParameter("myParam", ""), then it overwrites the default value in my stylesheet, like <xsl:param name="myParam" select="'defaultVal'" />.

Has anyone come across this issue before, and how did you deal with it? Is there really a good, supported, CORRECT way to do this within IXSLProcessor?

I have run some tests here, with JScript and MSXML 4 and MSXML 6 the addParameter("myParam", null) works flawlessly, it is only MSXML 3 that gives the type mismatch.
I realize that does not solve the issue as IE 6 and later come with MSXML 3 and not MSXML 6. On the other hand MSXML 6 is by now part of the platform on Windows XP SP 3 and all Vista versions so a library might want to use it instead of MSXML 3 if it is available.

Currently the best way to get public information from Microsoft on MSXML is to post in the MSXML forum on MSDN. I have done that here:
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/msxml/thread/58ee0753-7014-48c9-b78f-a065dbbf1433
so you might want to check during the next days there if someone from MS posts about a workaround for MSXML 3.

--

	Martin Honnen
	http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/