RE: [xsl] starting at a preceding-sibling

Subject: RE: [xsl] <xsl:number> starting at a preceding-sibling
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 10:57:56 -0000

> While this works for xsltproc (compiled against libxml 20626,
> libxslt 10117 and libexslt 813) it does not work for
> xalan-j_2_7_0 -- is that an xalan bug?

The specification for xsl:number in XSLT 1.0 is less than perfect,
particularly as regards the meaning of the "from" pattern, and as a result
there are quite a few differences between implementations. I can't
immediately see how this result can be justified, so by all means raise it
as a bug, but you may not get very far.

Why not make the move to XSLT 2.0 and Saxon?

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/