RE: [xsl] XPath / XSLT 2.1 - Rounding algorithms

Subject: RE: [xsl] XPath / XSLT 2.1 - Rounding algorithms
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 09:43:39 -0000

> round(3.065) returns 3. , whereas my need is for a function
> to return 3.07 (say), something like this, say:
>
> round-half-up(3.065,2) -> 3.07
> round-half-up(-3.065,2) -> -3.07

You can always multiply by a hundred, round(), and then divide by a hundred.

I know it's tedious but there was a lot of feeling in the WG that we should
have a library of a hundred functions rather than a thousand, if we were to
have a reasonable prospect of making the spec implementable (not to mention
the task of actually writing it and publishing it).

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/