Re: [xsl] Qualified variable names

Subject: Re: [xsl] Qualified variable names
From: Florent Georges <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 13:36:38 +0100 (CET)

Andrew Welch wrote:

> >  Ok, the usual thing then :-)  As the context was about "private"
> > namespace URIs, I wondered if you meant something else.

> I might have missed the point, but weren't the "private" namespaces
> simulating Final behaviour?  In other words, you used a private
> namespace to prevent certain variables etc being overridden?

  Well, I think those are two different properties you can combine.
You can have a public and final named template for instance: user
importing your stylesheet can use it, but not redefine it.  Both
concepts are related as they refine the possible use of a component,
but in different ways.

  Of course, because private things cannot be accessed at all, then
cannot be redefined neither...

Florent Georges
http://www.fgeorges.org/