RE: [xsl] Default actions in XSLT 2.1

Subject: RE: [xsl] Default actions in XSLT 2.1
From: Geert Josten <Geert.Josten@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 18:53:22 +0100

> Going further, I'd propose that the *default value* for the
> "default-action" attribute of the unnamed <xsl:mode> be
>    "xslmode:clone"
> if the "version" attribute of the <xsl:stylesheet>    is    >=   2
>
> and
>   "xslmode:copy-text"  (the current processing behaviour for
> version 1.0) otherwise.
>
> Dimitre Novatchev

While 'at the job' already, wouldn't one want more granularity? I see much
alternatives between 'clone' at one end and 'copy-text' at the other end. I
would find it logical if one could opt in or out the different part of which
the copying consists, independedly from each other. The options could be:

- preserve-text (the XSLT 1.0 default)
- preserve-elements
- preserve-attributes
- preserve-comments
- preserve-processing-instructions
- preserve-namespaces (??)

And what I have done quite often as well is removal of namespaces, so perhaps
something extra like: strip-namespaces?

Just some thoughts.

Kind regards,
Geert

Drs. G.P.H. Josten
Consultant

http://www.daidalos.nl/
Daidalos BV
Source of Innovation
Hoekeindsehof 1-4
2665 JZ Bleiswijk
Tel.: +31 (0) 10 850 1200
Fax: +31 (0) 10 850 1199
http://www.daidalos.nl/
KvK 27164984
De informatie - verzonden in of met dit emailbericht - is afkomstig van
Daidalos BV en is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Indien u dit
bericht onbedoeld hebt ontvangen, verzoeken wij u het te verwijderen. Aan dit
bericht kunnen geen rechten worden ontleend.