Re: [xsl] Default actions in XSLT 2.1

Subject: Re: [xsl] Default actions in XSLT 2.1
From: "Dimitre Novatchev" <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 16:43:01 -0700

> The idea is to make modes (the things named in the mode attribute of
> xsl:template and xsl:apply-templates) first class objects that can have
> properties; the properties would be declared as attributes of an xsl:mode
> declaration; one of the properties is the choice of default template rules
> for the mode. An xsl:mode declaration with no name attribute declares the
> properties of the unnamed ("default") mode, just as an xsl:decimal-format
> declaration with no name defines properties of the default decimal-format.

Sounds nice.

Going further, I'd propose that the *default value* for the
"default-action" attribute of the unnamed <xsl:mode> be
   "xslmode:clone"
if the "version" attribute of the <xsl:stylesheet>    is    >=   2

and
  "xslmode:copy-text"  (the current processing behaviour for version 1.0)
otherwise.

--
Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev