Re: [xsl] Is a variable referencing a node

Subject: Re: [xsl] Is a variable referencing a node
From: "Mukul Gandhi" <gandhi.mukul@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 16:49:02 +0530

I can confirm, that XSLT programmer's reference, 2nd edition doesn't
have the error cited by Dimitre. I have a copy of this book.

On page 88 of the 2nd edition, it's mentioned
conversion from Result Tree Fragment to boolean is "always true".

While the definition of boolean() function on pages 452-454 doesn't
mention about conversion from RTF to boolean.

I think, Mike's XSLT books are true bibles of XSLT (2nd only to W3C
specs I think).

I am currently reading Mike's latest book published in 2008, XSLT 2.0
and XPath 2.0, 4th edition. I have read few chapters, and haven't
found any error as yet :)

On Sat, Sep 27, 2008 at 2:30 PM, Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Remarkably, I think this is the first report of this error in the first
> edition of the book. The paragraph was removed in the second edition,
> because result tree fragments had disappeared in the XSLT 1.1 drafts.

Mukul Gandhi