Re: [xsl] Does this XSLT 2.0 stylesheet use any XSLT 2.0 features?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Does this XSLT 2.0 stylesheet use any XSLT 2.0 features?
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 17:46:39 +0100

> I've determined that it runs on a 1.0 processor, and it runs differently
> on a 2.0 processor. Is that enough to feel secure in just changing it to
> version 1.0?

I'm not sure what you mean by secure.

But my experience that it's quite esy to have documents that work in 1.0
but that generate an error in 2.0 (even if version="1.0") but that you
have to try quite hard to accidentally have a stylesheet that produces
non-error results that are necessarily different in version 1 and
version 2 (although it's easy to generate test examples where the
behaviour is different, just by looking at the appendix that lists the
limits of compatibility mode.)

That doesn't mean you'll get the same results, but often that is because
of processor differences not language differences.

By far the most common case of differences that we've seen are sorting,
and that's a difference between saxon 6 and saxon 9 not a difference
between xslt 1 and 2. the default changed from being a locale-specific
sorting to unicode codepoint order which mainly (if you are English) has
the effect of changing the relative order of upper and lower case
letters. sticking a lang="en" on xsl:sort gets you back where you were...

David