Re: [xsl] Oracle XSLT processor available as a separate download?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Oracle XSLT processor available as a separate download?
From: "Andrew Welch" <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 10:17:51 +0100

>> Surely the Oracle
>> processor can't be that bad??
>
> Well, if you think of it in terms of attempting to run an XSLT 2.0
> transformation

These are all issues with 1.0 transforms - I'm suggesting Oracle's 1.0
processor isn't conformant by a long way.  So far in fact, that it
must be something I'm doing wrong.

>> I haven't had time to test it properly
>> yet, so it may not be the case (apologies to Oracle if I'm talking
>> rubbish!) Maybe someone else has the time and inclination...
>
> I wouldn't even bother.  As far as I know (and someone please correct me if
> I'm wrong) there isn't anything you get with the Java-based Oracle XSLT 2.0
> processor that you don't get with Saxon

Sure, but not all projects are greenfield projects... sometimes you
just have to work with what's there.  I didn't even know an Oracle
processor existed until a few weeks ago (!) and it would be good to
know where it sits amongst the other processors.

> OxygenXML + Oxygen XSLT Debugger + Saxon 9.x (SA preferably) == *HAPPINESS*

Yes - oXygen is great.  Jumping around variable and template
declarations and references (ctrl -> shft -> d and ctrl -> shft -> r)
is almost as good as ctrl -> clicking around in Java...

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com