Re: [xsl] Using a custom variable derived from one XML file to search another and retrieve values of child nodes

Subject: Re: [xsl] Using a custom variable derived from one XML file to search another and retrieve values of child nodes
From: Martin Honnen <Martin.Honnen@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 17:34:56 +0200

Rob Newman wrote:
Hi Mukul,

Yes - I want to apply the stylesheet to the XML in stations.xml and dataloggers.xml. As I understand it, if you want to process more than one XML file at a time, you need to have a 'feeder' XML file that lists all the XML files you want to transform.

So, I have information in two XML files:

stations.xml
dataloggers.xml

You don't need the third XML document, you can simply run Saxon against stations.xml and the following stylesheet:

<xsl:stylesheet
  version="2.0">

<xsl:output method="xml" indent="yes"/>

  <xsl:template match="station_list">
    <Placemarks>
      <xsl:apply-templates select="stations/station"/>
    </Placemarks>
  </xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="station">
<Placemark>