Re: [xsl] Validation XSLT using XSLT 1.0

Subject: Re: [xsl] Validation XSLT using XSLT 1.0
From: "Andrew Welch" <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 13:10:23 +0100

2008/7/3 David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>:

>> hmmm, a mapping created in 2007 for entities defined in 2003?
>
> don't get me started on my thoughts about w3c's policy of putting dates
> in URIs. It's essentially the same as XSLT2 having 1999 in its namespace
> URI, or MathML 3 having 1998.
>
> It would be rather less confusing if the dates were not in the URI, so
> peolpe didn't have an expectation that they change but....

yeah... have a date in the URI or a version number, but not both.

The latest oddity I've come across with namespaces is where a client
uses purl.org eg the namespace used in the XML is:

http://www.purl.org/companyML/1.0/

Apparently the reason for this is so they can put the schema for
markup wherever they like, and just update where the purl points
to....(!)