Re: [xsl] LINQ to XML versus XSLT

Subject: Re: [xsl] LINQ to XML versus XSLT
From: "Alexander Johannesen" <alexander.johannesen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 16:59:38 +0200

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 16:31, Martin Honnen <Martin.Honnen@xxxxxx> wrote:
> VB.NET has XML literals mapping to the LINQ to XML types like XDocument and
> XElement.

VB.NET has it? Ok, I don't do VB (people still use that?! :), but I'll
perhaps look into it.

> And JavaScript has E4X, native XML and XMLList data types.

It has taken us, um, what, 10 years from XML to XML support in
JavaScript, even so in a very primitive way? Ok, maybe that's unfair,
as I'm sure people thought that DOM would take care of it, but still

Alex
 Project Wrangler, SOA, Information Alchemist, UX, RESTafarian, Topic Maps