Re: [xsl] Need to Split/Un-Nest elements

Subject: Re: [xsl] Need to Split/Un-Nest elements
From: "Andrew Welch" <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 13:30:20 +0100

2008/6/17 Mandar Jagtap <mandar.jagtap@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> I am not sure if you got chance to take a look my last post in the
> thread so describing the same again as below:
>
> Thanks for the response and stylesheet too...It's working well with me
> but with one limitation. In the input xml, I can't be sure about that
> how many nested block level elements would be there inside <page> i.e.
> descendants of <page> can be many nested <block> elements and also they
> can be <list>, <table> etc.  I tried using <xsl:template match="*"
> mode='copy'> instead of <xsl:template match="inline" mode="copy"> in the
> stylesheet but in that case it doesn't copy parent elements of original
> (replicated) <page>. i.e. as per example below, it doesn't copy the 3
> nested <block> elements in the replicated <page> element. Could you
> please suggest on this?

Ahh ok in which case this goes from a hard problem to a really hard problem :0)

It should be possible to do it in 2 passes, and if you re-form and
then re-post the question you might be lucky and someone might do it
for you.

Alternatively someone might do it for a fee - are you able to offer
the work out?

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com