[xsl] RE: Trouble with Excel spreadsheet using VB.NET to generate the XML

Subject: [xsl] RE: Trouble with Excel spreadsheet using VB.NET to generate the XML
From: Tony Nassar <tnassar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 13:05:05 -0700

Cheryl, did anyone respond to your query?

If this is .NET, you may have to simply take a few more steps. Explicitly
create an XmlWriter with an XmlWriterSettings object
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.xml.xmlwritersettings_members
(VS.80).aspx), and make sure that the OmitXmlDeclaration property is set to
false. It's not clear to me how much control you have over the XML generation;
I hope you have complete control. If so, please investigate
XmlTextWriter.WriteProcessingInstruction Method
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.xml.xmltextwriter.writeproces
singinstruction(VS.80).aspx). Sorry about the broken URLs...