Re: [xsl] Sorting using helper structure, position(), xsl:key

Subject: Re: [xsl] Sorting using helper structure, position(), xsl:key
From: Michael Ludwig <mlu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 11:16:39 +0200

Abel Braaksma schrieb:
On a side note: some processors are known to do internal optimizations
that are equal or even better then hand crafted key optimizations. I
believe for XSLT 1.0 the .NET processor is one of those highly
optimized ones, and for XSLT 2.0 I believe that Saxon starts to be
increasingly more optimized with each new version.

I'm still quite new to XSLT, so I keep "discovering things". The other day, I discovered that given two algorithms to solve a problem, which one performs better may be a question of which processor you use. I also noticed that Saxon seems to scale best, despite JVM overhead with respect to LibXSLT or Xalan-C.

http://www.biglist.com/lists/lists.mulberrytech.com/xsl-list/archives/200803/msg00567.html

For my work, I'm restricted to LibXSLT (so XSL 1.0), as that's what PHP
comes with support for. I'm happy with it, except here:

http://www.biglist.com/lists/lists.mulberrytech.com/xsl-list/archives/200804/msg00241.html

Michael