[xsl] processing of xml embedded in string

Subject: [xsl] processing of xml embedded in string
From: Christian Wittern <cwittern@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 21:38:41 +0900

Dear list members,

Here is the problem I am trying to solve.  I am quite sure this is (almost)
a FAQ, but my searches did not turn up anything useful, so here it goes:

The XML data I am getting back from another process contain is a container
that contains some embedded of a completely different kind.  What I want to
do is extract this and then process the contained XML as if it where handed
to me directly.  To give an example of what I get:

<str name="textfield">
&lt;p xmlns="http://www.tei-c.org/ns/1.0" xml:id="pT54p0286b2501"&gt;Some
paragraph content here, &lt;note&gt;with possibly other nesting
elements&lt;/note&gt;.&lt;/p&gt;
</str>

What I want to do is something like:

 <xsl:template match="str[@name='textfield']">
     <xsl:variable name="s">
     <xsl:value-of select="." disable-output-escaping="yes"/>
     </xsl:variable>
     <xsl:apply-templates select="$s"/>

</xsl:template>

and then have another template that matches the content:

<xsl:template match="tei:p"> <p> <h2>TEI paragraph!</h2> <xsl:apply-templates/> </p> </xsl:template>

But this does not work. How do I achieve this? Any help appreciated,

Christian

--

 Christian Wittern