[xsl] inserting tabs

Subject: [xsl] inserting tabs
From: oryann9 <oryann9@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 17:30:24 -0700 (PDT)

Hello all,

I searched through the archives and found some relevant data however I am still
"missing the boat."
I am having xml do the inserting of tab in my xml output but rather should
have xsl insert tabs into my xml output.
I am a newbie and this is a question for my online class. How do I insert tabs
after each entry in my xsl code?
For example, Jeff 	Peng

thank you

In my xml DTD doc I declare an entity like so:
<!DOCTYPE CONTACTS [
<!ENTITY tab "&#x09;">

<snip>

 <!-- Begin XML data -->
  <pre>
  <CONTACTS>
      <PERSON>
         <FIRSTNAME>Jeff</FIRSTNAME>
          <LASTNAME>Peng</LASTNAME>
 <snip>

<!-- Begin XSL code -->

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<xsl:output method="text"/>

<xsl:template match="/">

<!-- This for-each outputs the links to below -->

<xsl:for-each select="//PERSON">

    <xsl:value-of select="LASTNAME"/>
    <xsl:value-of select="FIRSTNAME"/>
        <xsl:choose>

                <xsl:when test="string-length(PHONE) &lt; 1">
                     <xsl:text>No Data present</xsl:text>
                </xsl:when>
                <xsl:otherwise>
                    <xsl:attribute name="fname">Arial</xsl:attribute>
                     <xsl:attribute name="size">5px</xsl:attribute>
                    <xsl:value-of select="PHONE"/><space/><xsl:value-of select="PHONE/@TYPE"/>
                </xsl:otherwise>

        </xsl:choose>
        <xsl:value-of select="WORKADDR"/>