Re: [xsl] passing a sequence as a parameter

Subject: Re: [xsl] passing a sequence as a parameter
From: "Mukul Gandhi" <gandhi.mukul@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 19:54:57 +0530

Hi Colin,

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 5:06 PM, Colin Adams
<colinpauladams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Whether or not you can pass a sequence depends upon the processor. You
> can do this with Gestalt, as it allows you to pass any XPath
> expression. But you can't specify the type on the xsl:param with the
> as attribute, which is unfortunate.

I think, it's logical not to have type specification (with, as
attribute) on xsl:param instruction. We pass parameters to the
stylesheet from outside, and making the input environment XSLT/XPath
type aware doesn't appear logical to me.

As currently happening, whatever that is passed to the stylesheet to
xsl:param variables, can be casted in the stylesheet to an appropriate
type. I think, this is the correct design ...

Mukul Gandhi