Re: [xsl] combining multiple documents

Subject: Re: [xsl] combining multiple documents
From: Robert Koberg <rob@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 23:37:43 -0500

On Sun, 2008-01-27 at 19:57 -0800, Steven Ericsson-Zenith wrote:
> One assumes just as I do this right now, by the lexical order of
> processing.

First, if you know what order you want the XML in for the
transformation, why don't you pre-assemble it as the main source prior
to the transform? Then you will get what you seem to want.

But, you are failing to grasp a few things about XSL. A transformation
is commonly driven by the XML source. The source might take the
transformation to load doc2.xml before doc1.xml, vice versa, load one
and not the other or load neither. In other words, in one transform
key('titles', 'h1')[1] could equal 'page 1' and in another it could
equal 'page 2' and in another it could be nothing.

If you mean lexical order of the XSL prior to the transform,
then how would something like this be loaded?

<xsl:variable
  name="documentSet"
  select="document($valueFromXmlSource)"/>