[xsl] Batch transform into one file

Subject: [xsl] Batch transform into one file
From: "Gary E. Daniels" <gdaniels@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 19:46:40 -0600

Hi. I need to alter the stylesheet below to create 1 text file with the data extracted from multiple XML files from a batch transform. Right now it will create 1 text file for each XML file transformed.

Background: I receive XML files that I batch transform. These files are from two sources: source 1 is W1L, source 2 is W1S. When I receive these files, they are mixed so I do not know which files are from which source. I want to have the below stylesheet create one text file that will contain a list of all file numbers (File #<xsl:copy-of select="field[@id='4']"/) where the "@id='W1L'", and ignore anything else.

Thanks in advance.

Gary

========================================================================================= <xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" version="1.0">

<xsl:output method="text"/>

<xsl:template match="filename"/>
<xsl:template match="mimetype"/>
<xsl:template match="mimedata"/>

<xsl:template match="AppraisalForm">

<!-- This is file 'Long Form.xsl' -->

<!-- Use this to batch transform XML files and make one file that contains a list of file

names where where "@id='W1L'". If "@id<>'W1L'", then nothing is extracted from that XML

file -->

<!-- Select specific Node or Form based on its id -->

<xsl:if test="@id='W1S'">

File #<xsl:copy-of select="field[@id='4']"/>

</xsl:if>