Re: [xsl] Problem with using xsl:variable within a template in XSL1.0

Subject: Re: [xsl] Problem with using xsl:variable within a template in XSL1.0
From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 13:42:02 +0100

Gareth Howells wrote:
Turns out... my daft mistake. Variables defined before the for-each loop
which were referenced within the loop worked fine, but of course they're
not visible to code in a different template. Converted to passing a
parameter and its fine.

I realise that this code is not the most efficient, but at present the
output I'm trying to achieve requires me to iterate over the two results
nodesets, and while doing so, to iterate over each of the team nodesets
and while doing *that* to iterate over the teamPlayer nodesets. It's a bit
of a mess at the moment, but it works... given the state my brain is in,
I'm actually quite impressed that I'm not getting a stack trace ;)

Sounds like you need plain simple template matching, no for-each loops at all. Sound like you are doing the thinking yourself, where XSLT is designed to let the processor do the thinking for you. Sounds like... well, that life could be a lot easier with less stack traces.

PS: what about your previous question, did you already find out what processor you have which allows you to do xsl:key at arbitrary level?

Cheers,
-- Abel Braaksma