[xsl] grouping problem

Subject: [xsl] grouping problem
From: tofner@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 02:42:03 +0000

I could use some hints on using for-each group in 2.0 using Saxon8. I am sure that the problem is my stylesheet. Here is the input:

<selection name="u1pt01">
	<para> text . . . </para>
</selection>
<selection name="u1pt02">
	<para> text . . . </para>
</selection>
etc.

<item id="1" selection="u1pt01">
	<text> text and more tags</text>
</item>
<item id="2" selection="u1pt01">
	<text> text and more tags</text>
</item>
<item id="3" selection="u1pt02">
	<text> text and more tags</text>
</item>
etc.

In my experiments using Saxon8, the following transformation only strips
out all <selection> items. I put in the <story> tag just to see if
the for-each-group is working.

<xsl:template match="selection">
   <xsl:for-each-group select="*"
                       group-by="@name">
     <xsl:sort select="current-grouping-key()"/>
<story>
        <xsl:copy-of select="."/>
</story>
</xsl:for-each-group>