RE: [xsl] How to make this script faster

Subject: RE: [xsl] How to make this script faster
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 08:59:01 -0000

> Michael Kay wrote:
> > But that's not a performance issue, and nor are most of the points
> > Abel made; and I have to say I couldn't see anything at all
> here that
> > should cause performance problems.
> >

> Not even the recursion?

There's nothing intrinsically inefficient about recursion. As far as I could
see, the process here was linear. Sibling recursion can lead to stack
overflow if the number of siblings is high, but that doesn't make it slow. I
looked hard at this to see if there was any non-linearity, but if there is,
I couldn't find it.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/