Re: [xsl] creating elements and hierarchy

Subject: Re: [xsl] creating elements and hierarchy
From: Andreas Peter <info@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 13:28:42 +0100

Quoting Andrew Welch <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>:

On 08/11/2007, Andreas Peter <info@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
thanks for the reply. I used xsl:apply-templates, too, but the result
was the same.
[snip]
I hope this helps. Thanks so much,

No sorry, still not enough :)

At this point I would recommend one of three things:

1.  Use a debugger in an IDE like oXygen to step through the code so
you can see what's going on

2.  If you don't have a debugger, use the old-school technique of
inserting xsl:message or (my old way) a set of characters that stand
out "##" to help you follow the flow of execution.  Actually I
still do that far too often :)

3.  Produce a small complete example of your problem and post the XML
and XSLT to the list - the samples should be as small as possible with
all unrelated code stripped out, and be runnable by cutting and
pasting.

Ideally you would've done #3 first, but it takes mailing list
experience to do that well.

cheers
--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com

Hello Andrew,

thanks for the reply. The debugger funktion is totally new to me
(using oxygen). This feature is quite helpful. I will look at the
produced code and check it first before asking the list again :-)

Andreas