Re: [xsl] Enclosing sequence items in single quotes

Subject: Re: [xsl] Enclosing sequence items in single quotes
From: "Andrew Welch" <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 17:14:10 +0100

On 19/10/2007, Florent Georges <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Andrew Welch wrote:
>
>   Hi
>
> > you're stuck with the for-each... perhaps (depending on what
> > else you use it for) it should be typed as element()+  and
> > then you could use the slash operator.
>
>   If you are sure they will be nodes, just use node()+.  If you want to
> be able to use atomic strings as well, you'll have to use the for each.

Hi Florent,

I suppose if they are <code> elements and you want to be as
restrictive as possible, it should really be "element(code)+"...
although I don't often put the element names in, probably because it
seems a bit pointless when the select statement selects only those
nodes eg

select="//code" as="element(code)+"

If it does offer any benefits over just element()+ in that case it
would be interesting to know...

cheers
--
Andrew Welch