Re: [xsl] Sorting Two Dimensional Table

Subject: Re: [xsl] Sorting Two Dimensional Table
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 17:57:02 +0100

> </xsl:variable>
> <!-- ... ad nauseum ... -->

you wouldn't need to define multiple variables like this, just one variable
holding a sequence would do the general case.

>   <xsl:sort select="key[@*[name() = $key1-name]]/@value"/>
>   <xsl:sort select="key[@*[name() = $key2-name]]/@value"/>
>   <!-- ... similar ad nauseum list here ... -->

But you would need something like this if in practice there are at most
a few keys and you want to keep things simple.

To do the general case with an arbitrary number of keys, you can either
just generate a stylesheet with the rightnumber of <xsl:sort/> statements
and use that generated stylesheet to effect your transformation. (effective but dull:-)

Or you can I think do the whole thing in one pass, closer to the
original psuedocode, but I may go home before I've finished that
as I'm getting hungry:-)

David