Re: [xsl] variable outside a for-each loop: second try

Subject: Re: [xsl] variable outside a for-each loop: second try
From: "Mathieu Malaterre" <mathieu.malaterre@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 09:55:44 +0200

On 9/20/07, Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> > $  java -jar /usr/share/Dart/Source/Server/saxon/saxon8.jar  -t
> > Saxon 8.0 from Saxonica
> > Java version 1.6.0_01
> > No source file name
> >

> ouch, that must be at least three years old! High time to upgrade to 8.9
> at the very least! So much has changed since then.

Again thanks a lot everybody for your help. I perfectly understand
that I am having a hard time moving away from procedural programming.
But I still do not understand why I need to live on the edge to do
something that seems pretty simple. For instance I am working on a
linux debian machine. Looking for saxon in all packages:

http://packages.debian.org/search?searchon=names&keywords=saxon

The latest release is 6.5.x. Which means that most people manage
-somehow- to live with XSLT 1.x, right ?

Are there any linux/open source guy on the list. What do you use ?

Thanks,
--
Mathieu