Re: [xsl] In Search of People Who Know About and/or Use the, Document Function

Subject: Re: [xsl] In Search of People Who Know About and/or Use the, Document Function
From: "Andrew Welch" <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 18:03:52 +0100

On 9/7/07, M. David Peterson <m.david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > That aside, constructing the page using client side calls to the
> > document() is certainly something I hadn't considered - it seems a
> > very modular almost MVC approach.
>
> Welcome to the Dark Side, Andrew!  I knew you'd cross the line sooner or
> later. ;-)

Still this side of the line (er, the Force?) - given the choice I'd
much prefer running the same transforms using Saxon on the server.  I
hate cross browser stuff, and worrying about the intricacies of
different processors on top is too much, especially when its merits
are debatable.

I was just momentarily impressed with the concept, that's all... (you
could say seduced by the dark side, but that would be sad)

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com