[xsl] Selecting Median of Root to Deepest node

Subject: [xsl] Selecting Median of Root to Deepest node
From: "J. Zhang" <j.zhang@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 12:06:38 +0200

Hi all,

I have written a stylesheet that selects the deepest node when there is a match with a keyword. I want to expand my stylesheet so that it also selects the median. I need to count the number of nodes for the deepest node. I am using Saxon's function saxon:path() to give me the absolute path.

I use xsl:sort and position() = 1 to select the deepest node. I know you can use the function count() to count the number of nodes. I want to test if a path contains at least 4 nodes while I am at the deepest node. I am trying count(saxon:path()), but that clearly is not working. Anyone know how I can pull off this trick?

Thanks
  jz