Re: [xsl] Finding the current node type

Subject: Re: [xsl] Finding the current node type
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 12:35:34 +0100

me> you don't mean node type which means (in xpath parlance)
me> "element" or "comment" etc.

drkm>  To me, the node type sounds more as the WXS type a node is linked to.
drkm>  "element", "text node" etc sounds more as node kind.

XPath (2)  is careful to distinguish between the type of a node (the
"node type") and the type of its value  (its "type annotation")

http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath20/#id-sequencetype-syntax

With the exception of the special type empty-sequence(), a sequence type
consists of an item type that constrains the type of each item in the
sequence, and a cardinality that constrains the number of items in the
sequence. Apart from the item type item(), which permits any kind of
item, item types divide into
node types (such as element()) and atomic types (such as xs:integer).

David