Re: [xsl] .NET Dynamic Languages Group on Facebook

Subject: Re: [xsl] .NET Dynamic Languages Group on Facebook
From: "M. David Peterson" <m.david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 11:26:06 -0600

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 10:52:23 -0600, Justin Johansson <procode@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Quite politely, you seem to have missed the point.

Okay. And thanks for being polite.

Two clicks is two indirections from the current value my CDC 6400,
Data General Nova, Motorola 6809 / 68020, Intel 4040 / 8080 / 8085 / 8086 /
80x86
address register which is currently pointing to the XSL-List.

Okay.

That *is* two levels.

Okay.

So after following the links I find out that :-
"Facebook is a social utility that connects you with the people around you."

That sounds about right.

The XSL-List has a similar fan out (digitally speaking), and, in the short
time I
have been on this list, I have made lots of new acquaintances.

Welcome to the list! *LOTS* of *GREAT* people here. I know them well, as they do me.

So how is Facebook, (which I had to follow two links to find out what it was),
relevant to this list which is specifically about the most exciting new
programming
language to hit planet Earth, viz. XSLT.

Well, I'm not so sure about the "new" part, but it is pretty exciting, huh?! I'm glad to see you are passionate about it. A lot of folks feel the same way. In fact, so much so that they like to gather together and meet in various places across the world from time-to-time to discuss things like XSLT in person. One of those events, in fact, is coming up here shortly: The eXtreme XML Conference. The purpose of setting up the .NET Dynamic Languages list on Facebook, which has quickly become the defacto "... social utility that connects you with the people around you", was to act in the capacity of allowing those interested in keeping in sync with the various user groups, conferences, etc. that relate to dynamic languages (e.g. XSLT) on the .NET platform. Announcements such as this are quite regular on this list. In fact, if you were to start a local XSLT user group in your area, this would be a good place to make the announcement of its availability. You know, so people with interest in dynamic languages such as XSLT would know about it and possibly join.

Are you a tele-marketer in your day job?

No, I do that at night between the hours of 6pm and 8pm when everybody is home. It's easier to annoy them that way. During the day I try to spend my time annoying people such as yourself by sending completely relevant posts that relate to keeping people better connected with the rest of the dynamic language interest groups of the world.

Enjoy your day!

--
/M:D

M. David Peterson