Re: [xsl] XSLT 2.0: Character Output Issue

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT 2.0: Character Output Issue
From: "Sam Byland" <shbyland@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 12:00:24 -0400

Unfortunately, the burden of showing that the output files are essentially
"unchanged" has just increased :(

you could ask saxon8 to output to windows-1252 or cp1252 or whatever java is calling that encoding today.

David

Sure enough, changing:

<xsl:output name="OutHTML" method="html"/>

<xsl:output name="OutHTML" method="html" encoding="windows-1252"/>

in the XSLT2.0 code solves the problem. *AND* -- I just republished with a similar fix to our full XSLT set, and for the first time I have an output file with NO DIFFs!

Time for a celebratory lunch :o)

Thanx David and Justin for your help,

...sam