Re: [xsl] Alternative for current-group()

Subject: Re: [xsl] Alternative for current-group()
From: "Bhaskar _" <bhaskarji@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 14:21:53 +0000

Have a follow-up question to replacing for-each-group with for-each using muenchian grouping. - is there a way to do nested grouping using for-each loops by this method? This is the nested loop I have (it is defined inside a template):

<xsl:for-each-group select="//*[count(ancestor-or-self::*) = 3 group-by="@name">
<xsl:for-each-group select="current-group()/*" group-by="@name">
<xsl:value-of select="sum(current-group()/descendant::value)"/>

As you will notice, I am using the first loop's current-group() in the second loop. I am basically trying to replace the second loop using for-each. I tried defining an equivalent xsl:key inside the first loop but then realized it's an error to define one inside a template.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Bhaskar

----Original Message Follows---- From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx> Reply-To: xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx To: xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: Re: [xsl] Alternative for current-group() Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 17:32:37 +0100

if you are using muenchian grouping, the analogue of current-group() is
key()

<xsl:for-each-group select="//*[count(ancestor-or-self::*) = 3 group-by="@name"> <xsl:value-of select="sum(current-group()/descendant::value)"/>

<xsl:key name="k" match="/*/*/*" use="@name"/>

<xsl:for-each