Re: [xsl] xsl:element will not create an output element, in any context

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl:element will not create an output element, in any context
From: "Abel Braaksma (online)" <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 15:15:22 +0200 (CEST)

> I've already tried both lc and uc for xhtml:ul - I just tested
> 'xhtml:ul' vs 'xhtml:UL', and the output is the same, regardless;
> still no elements produced.
>
> Any other suggestions?

Yes. You seem to be pretty sure that you do not have any elements in
your output, even though you don't mention whether you tried running
it differently as suggested by David.

To be certain that you really do not see any element output and that
your system for some reason disallows you to create elements, try
the following stylesheet in your browser, you should see a large
caption saying "Hello world". Name the styesheet "embedded.xslt" (if
not, you will see only the XSLT itself).

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="embedded.xslt"?>
version="1.0">
    <xsl:output method="html"/>

    <xsl:template match="/">
                <h1>Hello world!</h1>
    </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

If you do not see a large "Hello world", then you have a very
obscure problem with your browser. Note that you should try it with
Firefox, because with IE you run the risk that the content type is
incorrectly recognized and IE then will try to download the XSLT
file.

Cheers,
-- Abel Braaksma