Re: [xsl] XSLT and XML in the same document

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT and XML in the same document
From: Robert Koberg <rob@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 18:27:08 -0400

On Sun, 2007-05-27 at 22:39 +0100, David Carlisle wrote:
> > Coming from the other direction, you can embed your XML data into your
> > XML-based XSLT file, and then access it via the document() function (e.g.
> > document('')/*/ext:my-embedded-data would gain you access to the node-set
> > inside of your XSLT file who's parent element was
> > ext:my-embedded-data**)
> >
> > The above will work on any XSLT 1.0 processor.
> >
> > Except Opera.
>
> as a (usually more efficient) alternative to document('')/// you can of
> course use
> <xsl:variable name="x-">
>  my mbedded doc
> </xsl:variable>
> <xsl:variable name="x" select="exslt:node-set($x-)"/>

How is this in any way more efficient? Say I have 10 or 100,000  or n
content pieces that I pull in by the document function...

I am perhaps taking the original post out its bounds, but who knows...

Opera is the only browser that allow JS transforms but not the document
function. Whats up with that?

Personally, I have stopped using Opera (whereas I was probably one of
the few who actually did use it).