RE: [xsl] loop timing and result-document flush

Subject: RE: [xsl] loop timing and result-document flush
From: "Colin Adams" <colinpauladams@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 15:19:03 +0100

From: Duane Gran <dmg2n@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
XSL experts,

I have an XSL which loops over a set of elements in search of links and creates a result document for the link. In some cases there is more than one link to the same anticipated document, so I use the doc- available() to test first for its existence before creating the file. This is intended to avoid a DynamicError related to writing more than one result document to the same URI.

It won't do so.

doc-available() is supposed to return the same result throughout the life of the transformation.
It is possible for an implementation to relax the stability requirement. Saxon provides such an option I believe.

However, even that should not do what you want. You are not supposed to be able to read a document created with xsl:result-document in the same transformation.

Txt a lot? Get Messenger FREE on your mobile. https://livemessenger.mobile.uk.msn.com/